Email Marketing is the most effective way for e-commerce companies and store owners to drive in sales. It’s the only channel where you own your audience as they have chosen it to hear it from you. Therefore, Email is set up as a high priority for many growing and new online stores. It is very important to understand that a single email you send has various sections like a preheader, visuals, subject line, etc. By understanding how to excel in every small segment like this can help you make an effective conversion or results.
1. Opening Up With The Email’s Subject Lines
This line has a very important job to do. It is the single most which decide whether the subscriber will open the mail or not. If the line isn’t compelling at all, then even the best email in the world will be buried in the inboxes of subscribers.
· Be Clear: This line should tell your subscribers what are they going to find in the mail. There should be no space for any kind of misunderstanding.
· Keep It Short: Try to cut off your subject lines into 50 to 70 words and try to limit yourself in this character limit itself.
· Put Up Questions: Many studies have shown that phrasing a question tends to engage more and more subscribers.
2. Best time to Send The Email
Try to find out more about your customers and always find the right time to send the email campaign. For example, sending emails for an online store, the best start point is to check when the engagements are maximum. When during the daytime your store sells out the most? This information can give you a window to look on to your customer’s habits and schedules.
3. Segmented Groups
Email Segmentation can help you by breaking up your audience into different small groups based on different goals. The large group of audiences can be segregated on the basis of location, level of engagement and interests. For Example, you make a segmented group made up of all the new subscribers who haven’t made a purchase yet. You can set up your goal to gain their trust by giving them first-time discounts in the mails.
4. Craft Your Body Copy
It’s the segment where you have to fulfill your promises made in the subject line. Make your content more engaging with the subscribers. An email’s body should be both compelling, concise and on point. Your body copy must be able to convince the subscribers to call to action featured in your email in the given short period of time. While writing this body content, make sure of the following necessary key points:
· Start with a simplified offer.
· Write short paragraphs.
· Show more white spaces between the paragraphs.
· Use bullet points to leave an impression
· Make use of the bolded phrases, highlighted text or key phrases to draw the attention of the audience towards you.
5. Add On The Images To Add Value
Images can act as a good way to get your message to the audience. The key to using these images is to truly add value to your email as they have a better message than the text could do. In most of the cases, advertisers choose small images that are not more than 1 MB. This ensures the receivers to know what an image is and they can also view the image if they are interested.
6. Call To Actions
CTA is responsible to drive in the goal of every campaign. It’s what your email is making the subscribers do, whether it is reviewing a recent purchase or something else. Whenever you are setting up a CTA always keep in mind that:
· Set One CTA Per Email: every campaign should be focused upon one central action. Each additional CTA runs to a risk of distraction and confusion for the reader.
· Use Of Action Oriented Words: Using key phrases like “Limited Edition”, “Buy Now”, “Get Started Today”, etc can help the advertiser to bring in a sense of urgency among the customers.
· Noticeable Button Image: Your Call To Action must be able to stand out among the rest of the emails. Use a button image of bright and contrasting colors for keeping it from getting lost. Always place this button in an area with plenty of white space.
Being a business owner, you might send all kinds of emails to your customers, but each with a different goal. You can use these tips to supercharge your performance with better email campaigns and more sales.